Monday 5 December 2016

Advent with ATDML - Day 5 - Snow day!!



I am not a person who enjoys cold weather by any stretch of the imagination - i like my warmth.  However, there are some days that can tempt me out.  A few years ago we had some of the worst snow we had had as long as I can remember, traffic ground to a halt causing all sorts of issues as people tried to prepare for Christmas and it stretched right into the new year.  However, all I remember now is the fun stuff we did to amuse ourselves.  



These photos have been hanging around waiting for the right papers and as soon the Simple stores, Classic Christmas Elements papers I knew it was perfect for them.  I cut the paper to the width of the photo to make a 6 x 12 inch strip of the blue snowflake side.  I wanted to set the photo and title within the strip so I cut from it a 2x6 strip for the bottom of the page.  I applied the photo and title and then trimmed the rest down and stuck in line using a ruler - the top section on yours will depend on what size your title is.


I then cut a 10/16" strip of the plaid side of the Simple stories Classic Christmas 'Holiday Wishes' paper and the snowflake strip off of Carta Bella's Christmas delivery 'journaling cards' to finish off the sides.  As my title was a little wider I cut these to fall just below and above my title. The right hand side felt a little bit unfinished so I added a thin strip of Kraft Bazill 


I hand cut a rough cloud shape and journalled a border round the edge, I then spotted on some glossy accents to create a droplet effect and add a little dimension.


To create the snow falling I shaped some thin wire which I discreetly attached using a drop of glossy accents at the top and bottom of the page. To finish, I added wooden buttons and a punched Kraft star on top.


Your will find some great Christmas projects on the blog and Facebook every day from now until christmas - pop back tomorrow where Mel will be sharing a christmas card idea with you.