Thursday 22 December 2016

Advent with ATDML - Dec 22nd - Christmas Tag Time!

I'm calling the last tag of this year 'A visit from Saint Nicholas' after the Clement C Moore poem which I once had to learn off by heart and is still one of my favourite poems. The children should be in bed, but they are gathered round the tree - which is the same tree that I showed you how to make back on 11th December - check out the video for instructions.

As usual you will need a 4" x 8" tag and the collective and montage papers from Graphic 45 Children's hour. You will also need some extra green card to make a 1" x 10" strip, a 24cm square of green paper to make into the tree, some cream paper to cut out envelopes, some gems for the tree, a ribbon for the top of the tree (or a star) and some co-ordinating ribbon - I used dark green.

I started by cutting this section out and using it to decorate the top of the tag - red side up!


 I inked the edges...
 Then I added the 10" green strip - sticking it on from behind and folding it over...
 I added the Ho Ho Ho strip...
 Then stuck some paper on which has poinsettias... you will barely see this by the end.
 cut out the panel...
 Make some tiny envelopes from cream paper - I used an old sizzix die...
 Add the panel, the envelopes then the tree as shown... pop one of the stamps in an envelope to look like a Christmas card (I left mine loose so it could be pulled out...

 Add the girl holding the stocking - raise up on foam pads...
 Add the little girl (save the cat for later) - make it look like she is putting something on the tree...
 Add Santa to the front strip...
 Then a cut out poinsettia...
 And the cat, on foam pads...
 Add merry Christmas to the top - again, on foam pads...
 Add gems to the tree... make sure you give the little girl one to hang on the tree!
 And a ribbon or star for the top...
Attach some co-ordinating ribbon to the top of the tag.  Bend the strip round and either glue to the back or secure with something temporary like Velcro so that you can fold the tag flat.

Here's the finished tag...






'And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight...

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a goodnight!"