Hello all and welcome to day 6 of our ATDML Advent Event.
Today I am sharing some clean and simple cards. Although I would most definitely say I am a scrapbooker not a cardmaker over recent years I have come to quite enjoy a little card making. However I have two big issues which I need to overcome... (only two? I hear you say but I mean related to card making!)
1) I get bored EASILY - I have friends and family who will design a spectacular card and then make 20, 30 or more of the same design. I don't have the attention span for that!
2) I want something that is easy, fun and quick to put together. No lengthy fussy cutting projects or intricate stamping and colouring for me!
So in view of these two things I am sharing with you my clean and simple, easy to change up and quick to put together cards!
- First I cut a selection of kraft tags, some with a big shot, some on the silhouette and some by hand.
- I stamped, sketched on the silhouette and hand lettered a greeting on the tags ( the one with the tree I added the white cardstock snow before stamping the greeting.
- I cut my coloured cardstock to the size I needed for my card blanks (I like a white border around my coloured cardstock - you may prefer to have none of the card blank showing)
- Now I just chose different ways to decorate the tags - a simple reindeer head with big red shiney nose, a simple snow scene with a christmas tree etc....
With all the base bits pre cut it means that for each card I simply have to decorate a tag with a simple motif and I am done. This also means they can sit in my Christmas card making drawer and be pulled out when I have a few minutes to spare.
I hope you enjoyed todays Advent post, come back tomorrow to see a gorgeous decor item by Tricia.