Thursday 3 July 2014

All in a sketch



Sometimes I have an idea...and then sometimes you see a sketch and just have to have a go - which was what happened with this page.  Over on the Scrap365 blog they have a sketch challenge every month and the minimalist style of this one really appealed to me.  Here is the link so you can take a look.

I started with a splash of pink mist, then dried it and used texture paste and a chevron mask over the top.  In the Kaisercraft papers that Mel and Jill set me this month there was a huge bouquet of flowers - and this again fitted perfectly with the sketch, I then added some beautiful Websters Pages lace, and made some arrows out of more of the Kaisercraft sticker sheet.  The title is a glitz scrabble mini sticker...so no patterned paper what so ever, just lots of stickers, paint and lace!