Tuesday 3 July 2012

UKScrappers Blog Hop July 2012

Hi, welcome to the ATDML stop on the UKScrappers blog hop. Many of you will have come here from A Sprinkle of Imagination where I am sure you found more than a sprinkling of inspiration!

To be included in the prize draw over at UKScrappers please leave a comment at the end of this post and ensure that you visit all the blogs in the circle, then post on the UKScrappers Thread.

*******************************

Our project for you today is a layout using what I consider an instant classic range - Simple Stories Yearography. I have so many products from this range in my personal stash and still I worry when I use them that I will run out and "need" the things I use again!

For this layout I had a set of three photos taken one after the other of Olivia in one of the local parks trying to get across a wobbly balance beam. I like the way you can tell a story or convey a moment using a series of photos and although I love single photo layouts I find that increasingly I like to get a few photos on the page.

Looking at the photos it is obvious that there is movement going on in the pictures and I wanted a more dynamic look to my page so decided to use diagonal lines to make it a little different to my usual style. This also worked well as the park in the photo is on a hill so placing all three photos side by side would give an awkward stepping effect on the fence and horizon. Instead I lined them up so the fence was continuous as shown below, adhered them to an offcut of cardstock and trimmed where the red lines indicate.


My background comprises a sheet of Kraft cardstock, a 6x12 piece of patterned paper above the photo strip and a 2x12 strip below the photo strip with a calendar piece cut from another piece.

I love the fact that on many of the Simple Stories designs include layered elements already on the paper making it quick and simple to make a layout with lots to look at. 


The final step was to use the co-ordinating stickers to embellish the page. I really enjoyed working with these stickers and was very happy with how it turned out. Something I particularly like to do is use embellishments to blur the line between the photos and the background. By placing the tree stickers in the park it firmly links the photo to the papers around it taking away that hard edge and merging the two a little.

I hope you enjoyed this project, please keep reading for details of a special offer and for the next stop on the blog hop!
*******************************
TODAY ONLY - 15% OFF ALL ORDERS OVER £10 FOR BLOG COMMENTERS ONLY
Please enter the code 30712-blog in the discount code box (not the comments box) and in the order comments box note your blog ID if you do not comment under your regular name.
**Not valid on Gift Vouchers**

BLOG HOP ADDITIONAL PRIZE DRAW:
In addition to the main draw on UKScrappers we will make an additional draw of all those who comment on this post and send a small bonus prize so you have 2 chances to win!
Check back on Wednesday evening to see if you won!
*******************************

I hope you enjoyed this stop on the blog hop. To continue on the UKScrappers blog hop your next stop is Art From the Heart.