Tuesday 31 July 2012

Trends on Tuesday - Going Airmail


Over recent months I have seen lots of airmail stripes and postal connections in papers, washi tape or just using old stamps on pages.  Seven Gypsies have a lovely vintage postal range which has a whole sheet of airmail stripes so I had to have a go and incorporate them in my page.  I just used small amounts of the stripes - in my tabs at the top and bottom of the page and my bunting - I cut a strip of paper about 1.5 cm across and then just cut it little triangles into it.  I then wrapped the top of the bunting flag around some garden twine and stapled it in place.



The airmail stripe is also perfect for scrapping summer holiday pages and October Afternoon have a lovely airmail stripe in their Boarding Pass range here and some lovely postal franc stamps from Bo Bunny here.