Monday 9 July 2012

Quick page with Cakewalk

Sharing a quick and simple to recreate layout with you today, a bright a cheery page to hopefully chase away the wet and windy weather out there. I knew I wanted this paper from the new October Afternoon Cakewalk as soon as I saw it.

Just the one sheet of patterned paper with so much going on can make a layout that looks like hours has been spent cutting when in fact it was minutes. I added a sheet of white and a sheet of black cardstock, some 7Gypsies alphabet stickers and American Crafts Thickers, oh and a few odd brads I had lying around.


First I trimmed 1cm from the left and top sides of the white card and mounted it on to the 12x12 black cardstock.  I used two 6x4 portrait photos which I had printed with a white border and placed these slightly off centre on my page (aligned more to the left than the right).  Looking at the patterned paper shown as it is above I cut from the left, along the lines between the blue numbered piece and the red dotty, cutting around the star when reached it then along between the diamond strip and the green strip.  I then rotated this piece around, cut upside-down V shapes in to the edge of each different pattern to give the impression it was many banner strips placed together. Once done I affixed this piece to the right of the two photos, ensuring the start overlapped my photos. Next step involved cutting the next three strips round, from the green piece to the blue pattern. Trimming this slightly and again cutting inverted V's into it I added another small burst of colour to the left of the top photo. I covered a small chipboard heart in another patterned strip from teh remaining paper, in addition to punching out a couple of butterflies.  Finally I doodled some black dots around the bursts of colours, added my title, some brads, journalling and the butterflies for a quick page that looks like it took much longer than 15-20 minutes to make! Hope you enjoyed and that maybe the cheery colours brightened your day. xx