Tuesday 17 July 2012

Trends on Tuesday - Confetti isn't just for Weddings



There are lots of things you can do with confetti, and it is a fantastic use of little scraps of paper.  I have used a small star punch to make my confetti, but any remains from punches can be piled together to give this effect from your basic hole punch to the left over bits from a border punch.  I have scattered the confetti like I would paint drops on this page from right to left so my photo is in the centre and the confetti balanced on each side.  I stuck the stars down once I had them in place with a little liquid glue.  The papers I have used for this page are the Summer Fresh range from Simple Stories which you can find here (that is one of my favourite pieces of colourful chevron paper too)



However this is not the only ways to use confetti, you can also pop it in a glassine bag (you can use vellum to make a little glassine style envelope) and add it to a card or on a page - for this one I popped some PVA glue in the envelope so all my little punched pieces didn't fall down to the bottom.



So why not trying bagging up the offcuts from your punches and scattering them across your page.