Saturday 4 June 2011

Cyber Crop Teaser



It's not long now until the cybercrop challenge, I am really excited about all the classes and ideas we have lined up to show you.

See a few posts below for the timetable. I love Ann's little planner, what a clever idea.

Here is a little sneak peek of a layout that I made for our sketch challenege......

I made some little frou frou rosettes which I added to cuts outs from Crate Paper'sEmmas Shoppe Chipboard Acents. (I actually bought the whole collection pack as I loved it so much. Look out for some Emmas Shoppes cards from me in my class on Saturday 18th June at 18.00 hours.)


I made these frou frou rosettes from Websters Pages Vintage Inspired Netting. Each pack comes with a selection of beautiful netting in bold and vibrant colours which really go well with the Crate papers.


Here is a little 'how to' in case you havent made anything like this before. I used my sewing machine but you can just as easily make this using a little hand stitching.


Firstly I cut a strip of netting from one of the rolls in the pack. They are 8" in length. Dependent on the width you cut, the rosette will be large or small. The smallest width I used was about 1.5".


I next folded over a little seam strip along the long edge and pinned this in place to keep it straight. You can see from the picture above it is no more than 1/2 ".

The next stage is to thread some ribbon (or thread or twine) through the hem that you have just made. I often use a handy little ribbon threader. This is like a large, blunt needle and can be bought from a haberdashery for a few pounds. Such a handy gadget!



Pull the ribbon taught and tight and you will see the rosette start to gather.




Finally tie that ribbon in a knot, trim off the excess and fluff and pull out your rosette until it looks nice and neat.


You can see from the original picture that I made a few of these in differening sizes. I also made two tone rosettes whereby I stitched together two types of netting before I made the rosettes.



See you at the Cybercrop.



Karen x