So, first of all - what's an ATC?
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card and if you Google 'ATC' you'll get lots of information and images to help you.
Basically there are only 2 rules...
1. ATCs must measure 2.5" x 3.5" - no bigger or smaller (this is important as many people keep their ATCs in albums with plastic pockets sized to fit)
2. ATCs can be swapped/traded but never sold.
You can use any method to decorate your ATC: patterned papers, paint, stamping, embossing, fabric, embellishments, photos, stickers...it really is an endless list.
On the back of your ATC you should write your name, the title of the ATC, the date and whether it is an original (one off) card or one of a set e.g. 3/8 would mean the third card in a set of 8.
To give you some ideas, here are some ATCs which I have received as swaps or made myself...
This is one of my own ATCs entitled 'Homage to Tim Holtz'
How to take part in the ATDML Cyber crop ATC swap
1. Send an e-mail to me at email@example.com to let me know you want to take part - include your full name and address. I will then send you my address to send your ATCs to.
2. Make 3 identical (or similar) ATCs on the theme of 'first' or 'A trip down memory lane'. (You may wish to make a fourth one to keep for yourself!) Remember to write your name etc on the back of your ATCs.
3. Send your 3 ATCs to me by Friday 10th June at the latest along with a stamped and self addressed envelope (for me to send your swaps back to you).
You will receive back 3 different ATCs from 3 other participants in the swap - hopefully before the Cybercrop starts!
I look forward to seeing everyone's ATCs and may feature some on the blog after the Cybercrop.