Sunday, 4 July 2010

A Blast From The Past!

It is amazing how things come and go in the scrapping world, just as in the fashion world, what is "hot" one season is old news the next. However I think it is kind of fun to revisit some older ideas, techniques and styles. Let's face it the fashions will all come round again - It is not that many years since I heard the 80's described as the decade that fashion forgot, now you can't move for leggings, big T Shirts and 80's retro!

So todays little blast from the past nostalgia is...

... The Paper Bag Book!

In a months time I am leaving for my holiday, another trip on the wonderful Disney Cruise Line and being the forum addict that I am I have signed up for a "Cruise Meet" thread with fellow cruisers. As we did last year we have signed up for a swap where cruisers on the same trip exchange small gifts. While searching for inspiration for my gifts I saw a fabulous paper bag album which someone had made (well actually they made 19 of them) for a swap on their cruise!

After a little bit of digging around I found a stash of small paper bags and I am duly constructing 10 paper bag mini albums to give on my cruise and I am really enjoying doing it. I will of course share pictures when they are done but I wanted to share my little trip down memory lane remembering the days when UKS was awash with posts about where did the best deal on which size of paper bag!

14 comments:

  1. Very true. Nothing is permanent in this world. People some how tend to bring old fashion back with a bit of modification. I though would like to wish all the best for your trip with the Disney Cruise Line next month. Do post your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it - I'm working on one of these too using some lunch bags I got last time I was in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh I'd forgotten all about those paper bag books. What a great idea for your fish extender gifts (I've never been on a cruise but I'm a WDW fan and DCL is on my hit list!). Have a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. I wanted to drop you a water tap to verbalize my thanks. I have been watching your blog posts for couple of days and have got a lot of great shower mixer and also enjoyed the way you have structured your blog. I’m going to create my personal basin tap but I feel its too general and I want to focus more on specific topics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping for the right tapforyou whether for the bathroom or http://www.tapforyou.co.uk/is very easy with the help of the internet where you can access a wide selection of antique water tap and different suppliers. They have thermostatic shower mixerand other kitchen and bathroom accessories that match basin tap perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitchen curtains are accessible in altered types which accomplish it accessible to baddest tapworld that will clothing your Taps Australia . It is brash that if you wish to buy these items,you charge to attending at the decor of your Kitchen taps as able-bodied as the sinks so as to beat and accomplish the absolute allowance attending marvelous.Shower heads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Un grand nombre d'êtres humains sont tentés à l'architecture robinetterie avant-gardiste d'accessoires d'ablution comme les robinets d'ablution, comme avalanche robinets sanitaires séquelle. J'accepte mitigeur douche d'accepter que le nouveau cadre de rideaux de séquelle avalanche ne traitant bien, mais comme je l'angle durablement par mon robinetterie cuisine approche que ce moment semble acceptable vais pas supporter longtemps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy designer taps in our website,Amazing selections here, low prices and high quality kitchen taps, bathroom taps, mixer taps, led taps, Waterfall Taps, Shower Taps!UK taps available from http://www.tapyou.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taps UK- Top quality, Great value bathroom and kitchen sinks and taps from our online shop. Lowest Prices On Bathroom Suites,Baths,Taps,Showers,Furniture. Price Guarantee - Next Day Delivery Available -uktaps.co.uk FREE Delivery over £199.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article gold taps explains the crucial queries that you simply must Antique Taps think about when purchasing new taps for your bathroom taps. The information is aimed at buyers Stainless Steel Taps in the United kingdom.http://www.uktap.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fonction de http://www.robinetsale.com/ en grès bibcock d'approvisionnement et simple, dans une décision importante à faire des choix. Magasins de robinet à domicile offrent une salle de bain luminaire largement, avec une poignée de différentes options, le style et complète. Choisissez le meilleur robinetterie cuisinee, vous devez considérer l'ensemble du style de votre salle de bain, votre gamme de prix, le type Accessoires de salleet le style du robinet. Con?u pour baignoire en eau est nécessaire, afin de Robinetterie Vasque à l'écoulement d'eau élevée.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our pneumatic factory was founded in 2000,CHECK HERE. In decades of serving China pneumatic industry, we have built our reputation on product knowledge, world class suppliers, application support, and value add services. Our commitment to our employees, customers and vendors is the core of our business beliefs. In our factory, there are more than 80 front-line workers, 3000 squares working shop.Our main products are air Pneumatic Cylinder, solenoid valve and also a lot of pneumatic fittings like Air Gun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. US Engagement Rings | Buying-Market Fashion Online Shopping http://www.buying-market.com/

    ReplyDelete