Monday 8 May 2017

Telling a Story and quilting!


Following on form Karen's scrap lift of this page, I thought I would tell you a bit about the story behind it too.  I decided to have a play with a quilt pattern for my paper again and found this great pin on pinterest here.  However, I went a bit wrong - I was going to make squares, but I cut my paper into quarters rather than on the diagonals....so I ended up with triangles!  I like to have a flick through quilt patterns for paper piecing ideas as it is a great way to show lots of patterned papers together.

The other story to this page is probably the photo....yes it is an Icelandic rock in Rekyavik - there is a strong Icelandic folklore and belief in elves, and it has been known that whole highways have been redirected because they come across an Elven stone like this.  We had a lovely guide on holiday who told us all about the folklore, traditions and stories.

The papers are all from Kaisercraft, in particular the Ubud Dreams and Sea Breeze collections - I love the teal and woodgrain colours together.