Wednesday 25 January 2017

To a mouse ....


Across Scotland today kids will be reciting poetry at poetry at School, families will be tucking into haggis, neeps and tatties and there may be the odd nip of whisky ta'en all in honor of Robert Burns.

I love this photo of my friend's little girl dressed up as a mouse at School last year - who could resist that cheeky grin.  I wanted to give the page a wintery feel as a nod to the season but also give it a country look.  I loved the frosty pinecones on Kaisercraft's 'Glacial' paper in the Frosted collection and cut around it so it looked like Erin was sitting in amongst them.  


Her little pink nose and ears are adorable and she's a very girly girl so I used the stripy side of Bo Bunny's 'Winter wishes frosted' and cut an 8x8" square from 'winter wishes icicles' pale pink side for the mount and then used the remaining scraps so I could incorporate the dark pink side too. 


I used a grey button and a full stop from my thickers to create a wee mouse.  I cut the whiskers from a triangle of kraft bazzill and layered the mouse onto a chipboard embellishment from Crate paper.


In the top right corner I added the title using pink thickers and layered some pink and grey buttons with chipboard shapes 

I used My Little shoebox letters to add the first line of the poem along the bottom of the photo and to finish, I added a little string bow next to the button mouse and 3 knots to the top left corner.