Saturday 28 January 2017

January's PL Style Page



Hello, hello lovely scrappers and welcome to the first of our Project Life style pages.  Apologies for the bad photos - flat batter in my camera and iPhone not up to poor light photos!

I have to confess that I don't have a Project Life album and rarely scrap in divided pocket pages but love the style and concept of Project Life.  For the past two years I have made a double page each month with one large photo on the left page and four smaller photos on the right to give a small snapshot of the happenings each month.

In this series of layouts, sometimes I will focus on a whole month and sometimes I will focus on one event, not always from that month just one I have lots of photos for.

This month I am using photos from events during January but that doesn't mean that you have to.

The paper ranged I used is Simple Stories Winter Wonderland but this will work well with any paper range that suits your photos.


NOTE All measurements are in inches. 

Photo sizes - one 3 x 3, onw 2.25 x 3, two 2 x 3 and one 2 x 2

  • To start I cut four pieces of patterned paper 5.5 x 3.5 and four pieces of paper 3.5 x 2.5, I then rounded the corners with a half inch corner rounder. 
  • I arranged my pieces onto the page with two 5.5 x 3.5 at the top, the four 3.5 x 2.5 across the centre and the remaining two 5.5 x 3.5 at the bottom.  I left a .25 gap around all four sides and the space between the paper pieces is .5. I raised some on foam pads and stuck some directly to my cardstock. 
  • Next I added some enamel dots and a chipboard tree.
  •  I used a quarter inch corner rounder on my photographs and shuffled them around until I was happy with the positioning of them.
  • I used foam pads to attach my photos to the page .
  • Finally, I added a title and lots of stickers (I added the squares under the small photograph on the bottom left rectangle before I added the photo. 
I hope you use this as inspiration to make your own Project Life type page and please upload any you make to the album on the ATDML#Create Facebook Page.