Sunday 8 February 2015

January in 5 Photos

You may recall, if you took this class (which was based on a Project Life type of page) at the ATDML Autumn retreat 


that I said I loved the idea of doing Project Life but didn't think I had enough going on in my life to do a whole book. I also said that I was thinking of doing a double page each month - without using the pocket pages, as that would be the ideal solution for me. I had spoken to the lovely Denise about making a 1 photo page and a multi-photo page as a pair each month. So when I saw that Jo had decided to choose her five favourite photos from each month and to print and scrap them I had the ideal opportunity to put my plan into practice.

Here are my January ones.  Of course I have used my Silhouette to cut out some elements for the page and have used the very gorgeous Kaisercraft Rustic Harmony Collection.  


Photo 1 taken by Gracia using her Selfie Stick (the best Christmas present ever)

Photo 2 a selfie taken on the 1st of January as prompted by Ann here
Photo 3 a quick family shot - again using that very useful selfie stick, just before we took Gracia to the station to return to Newcastle after Christmas.  
Photo 4 - this one makes my little heart sing as now that Eileen has moved to Scotland we don't get very many opportunities to scrap together but she came over to play whilst she was staying with family over Christmas/New Year.
Photo 5 - Gracia and Josh.  Josh stayed with Gracia for a week in January prior to his 3 month adventure (at the moment he is in Vietnam having been to Thailand and Cambodia).  


For the front page of my album I decided that I would keep it simple and just have a smaller photo from the 1 photo page each month.  I am really pleased with this page as I used my Silhouette with a black Silhouette pen to draw the squares for the photos, the two cameras (I know the one on the right is the one on the left flipped so the controls are in the wrong place) and to outline the title, which again was another first for me - cutting glitter paper!


There we have it - a good start and thank you Jo for the idea.