Thursday 12 February 2015

A Little Sunshine on a Cold Day

Jill and Mel sent me products from two Simple Stories ranges to work with this month - the lovely Snow Fun  and Good Day Sunshine. Two very different sets of papers but nevertheless really lovely to work with. 

One of the papers from the Good Day Sunshine range was this one.


I decided that I liked the way the quite plain side with hearts contrasted with the busy words and sky on the other half of the paper so decided not to cut it into two 6in x 12 inch sections as I normally would.

.
The photo of my daughter and her boyfriend seemed perfect for this summer page.  I cut out hearts from another piece of paper and added the hearts from the co-ordinating sticker sheet.  Used a couple of journaling cards to make corners and to add a link between the two sides of the paper.  My title was cut on the Silhouette out of another journaling card and I finished the page with a sticker and couple of strips from a Simple Stories washi tape sheet. 


 It was lovely to scrap such a sunny photo on a really cold day.