Tuesday 28 July 2015

So Rad with Simple Stories


Here is another photo from Bletchley Park - I like the way that the computer screens light up the faces of my kids.  

For this page I covered the card stock with clear gesso (this has a granule texture which I am not overly fond of - it makes the paper feel like sandpaper....but it does a great job!).  I used my Marion Smith Color Lab blue mist and did a good band in the middle, then I got out a plate for a few biro circles.  The next step was using some of my homemade texture paste and a cog mask. Once the paste had dried I then added some distress stains in green, blue, brown and silver over the top, then I used some water and merged the colours - that's the nice thing about the gesso - the paint doesn't sink in to the paper so you get a lovely watercolour effect.  I then used lots of the So Rad papers by Simple Stories...they are great, I love the blue and orange they use in this, and the number letter stickers went perfectly with my code-breaking theme as well as the computer and little pixelated creature!