Tuesday 15 January 2013

Papers designed to be cut....


With Mel's new goodies for Christmas....I realised I had some of the lovely Portfolio range too which I then needed to dig out and have a play with.  The colours are fairly neutral, mainly blue yellow and grey and it is one of the increasing range of papers that are made so you can include them in project life style projects where your pages are made of lots of divided pockets (here is the co-ordinating Pink Paislee book designed for this purpose).  Echo Park has some lovely kits where you get the papers and page protectors together in their Photo Freedom range, as well as Simple Stories whose papers are designed with this in mind and you can get their co-ordinating folders too.  I've noticed that lots of the new CHA goodies are also designed this way so it looks like it is going to be a big thing this year!

So I could have used it to make a Project Life style page (but it is too early in the year for me to have my January photos already printed), instead I wanted to have a go at using all the journal spots and cut outs on my page.  I decided to go for a washing line effect and hang them all from some string at the top - I distressed the edges and used bubble wrap to get the background.  I did add a little more washi tape to the journal spots.  Another fantastic thing about all those journal cards is that I am compelled to write more on my page which is a good thing as that is where a lot of the memory is.