Wednesday 2 March 2011

It's All In The Detail....

I was chatting to a friend today about the work in the Design Team Galleries and she was commenting on how much there is to look at, so many little details and of course she is right.
As I looked back through the galleries from the last few months, especially in these close up shots of some of the layouts, you can see just how much work has gone into the layouts.
I love the way the textures, colours and shapes combine to create little areas of busy detail which complement the layout in general or a certain aspect of it for example the journaling.

While I can enjoy clean and simple scrapping and have on several occassions tried to attempt a clean, graphic style layout I have to admit that all the bits and pieces on a layout are the things that make me happy, the swirls of bling, the die cuts, the flowers and all the frippery!
So are you a clean and simple graphic style scrapper, a busy, layer loving scrapper or somewhere in between? Is there a style you would like to emulate or do you have a style all of your own?