Sunday 6 March 2011

Guest Blogger Sue Mylde: Using Paints On Your Layouts

This months guest designer Sue Mylde has kindly produced this blog post for us relating to the techniques she uses in her scrapbooking. We hope you enjoy this article and that when the gallery goes live this coming week you will take a look and see what Sue did for the DT Gallery!


You can see more of Sue's work on her blog: http://justperspective.blogspot.com

********************************************************************************

Hello ATDML Blog Readers!

Thank you to Jill and Mel for letting me Guest Design for ATDML this month. I would like to share with you a video tutorial on how to use paints on your layout.





Using paints may be intimidating, but don't be scared, just do it! :)

After painting on the cardstock, I let the paint dry a bit more and then used it in my layout below, entitled 'Just Be'. I decided to add some spray mists on the border of the page.




The Prima papers and journaling cards are excellent to use as a layered background for the photos. I added even more texture by putting in some ribbon and lace to embellish the page further.



I love the girlish, rustic 'grunge' feel of my finished page. And the contrasting colors gives the page a unique, fresh feel.

I hope you enjoy the video and thanks for looking!

Happy Scrapping! :) :)

A little more about me:
My name is Sue Mylde and I currently live in Aberdeen, Scotland with my husband Chris, and my two children Lara and Luc. I have been scrapbooking since 2004 and I have enjoyed this beautiful journey thoroughly. I mainly scrapbook stories of my family's life and it has been an adventurous one filled with everything from travelling to moving countries to tooth fairy visits. I am in love with textures and playing with papers, paint and all kinds of embellishment. I am honored to work with some of the most talented scrapbookers in the industry, and currently design for Cocoa Daisy kits, and a few other scrapbook challenge blogs. I have been published in a number of scrapbook magazines including: Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbook Trends USA, Scrapbook Trends UK and Scrapbook Inspirations UK.