Tuesday 15 March 2011

My Turn To Take A Class

Just sharing a layout I did at a class recently! The weekend before last I did a very rare thing for me and spent the day at a crop just scrapping and enjoying playing with paper!

I booked a last minute space at the Eclectic Keepsakes crop in Colchester and spent the day with the lovely ladies there, several of whom I know through our Design Team and also some of our retreat regulars.

As I booked last minute I didn't know if there was going to be enough class kits for me to join in with the class and I didn't have chance to get the info beforehand about the photo requirements. I was so pleased when there turned out to be enough kits to allow me to participate in a simply BEAUTIFUL class taught by Denise Holmes. Her sample layout was lovely and although I didn't have the photos to exactly recreate it I managed to find a couple of photos and adapt the class a little to work with what I had.


The class used My Minds Eye Lost & Found which I may have mentioned before is one of my all time favourite ranges and Denise had cleverly teamed it with some Fancy Pants Lilac house which gave us loads of options for our journaling.

I was really pleased with how this turned out and I thoroughly enjoyed being on the other side of the desk being the person scrapping not the one standing nervously at the front hoping everyone is enjoying the class. I must say that Denise did a great job, not too rushed, not too slow and talked us through a really enjoyable class.