Monday 14 February 2011

I *Heart* This

OK so none of these technically featured me and my husband but I thought that today, on Valentines Day, I would share a selection of layouts which had large feature hearts.

Of course when scrapping people or things you love it is something that springs to mind - a visual statement which almost anyone can easily interpret. I have a friend who is very reluctant to journal on her layouts because she is self concious about what people looking at it may think - if that is you, forget saying it with flowers this valentines day - say it with hearts on your pages!

The layout above uses October Afternoon Modern Homemaker papers and was for the Jan 2011 DT Gallery

This was an older page using My Minds Eye. The heart was a die cut with the beautiful flourishes on it and I knew I wanted to build a layout around it.

Finally this very simple layout uses a lot of distressing and some transparencies and features the enduring love story of Isabelle and Mr Monkey!
Needless to say I could have uploaded 50 other layouts with various hearts on, some may call it soppy but the are such a simple embellishment and with a selection of heart punches it is so easy to cut a co-ordinating heart and pop it on the page.
Take a trip back through the DT galleries and my UKS gallery and you will find more hearts than you can shake a stick at but I love them and today I wanted to post to celebrate their usage!