Saturday 12 January 2019

Sketch Saturday with Dolly

Hello everyone - Dolly here and, as always, the second Saturday of the month is  Sketch Saturday.

I have a sketch for you today which has hidden secrets. I love hiding things on pages and this sketch hides both the main picture and the journalling.

This is the sketch.




It will be easier to explain it using the page I made from the sketch.

I used the beautiful Bo Bunny Winter Wishes foiled vellum, pink cardstock and also the Bo Bunny Winter Wishes Chill paper.

I cut down the paper to 11" and mounted it on the pink background. I love winter pages with pink - they just seem to work so well. Blue is a good winter colour but pink warms the page up whilst still keeping the winter feel.  




The lift up square hides the main photo and the journalling and in my case was a vellum square matted on more pink cardstock. It is easy to make a flap, just make small card hinges.




This is the flap lifted up revealing the journalling and the photo. The snowflake border on the flap and under the photo is another piece of vellum.






The page doesn't need a great deal of decoration, especially if, like I did, you use a patterned paper.








I hope that you do use the sketch and if you do, please share what you create on our facebook page.