Wednesday 2 October 2013

Welcome to Spooktacular October

Boo! Hello October... you sure creeped up on us!
It has been a while since I have done a blog post for ATDML - crazy work schedule to balance with home life and an injured left hand that has been in a cast for the last 7 weeks has meant very little crafty time for me.  Nevertheless the ATDML design team pizza box arrived on my doorstep (before hand injury I may add) and it contained some spooky Graphic 45 papers including this one from the Steampunk Spells collection.

With Halloween falling in half term this year my children had asked if we could have a spooky party with a few of their friends so I started looking for decoration ideas. A quick trip to our nearby 99p store had me armed with a halloween toot including a plastic skeleton just the right size to fit Mr Seymour Bones head from the paper above.

I had a wooden plaque from my last visit to the Ally Pally Stamp & Scrapbooking show that I knew would work for my spooky sign. Time to dig out the paints and crackle accents, add a few sharpie drawn webs and a handle from the bones necklace the plastic skeleton was hanging from originally and voila - a spooky sign for our front door inside the porch which will feature cobwebs and of course a pumpkin or two!


I love the teal and orange combined in this paper collection and hope you feel inspired to create something spooky this month!
Ann x