Saturday 31 July 2021

Stash Busting with Katherine - Ephemera

 


My stash busting challenge uses up only small, left over bits of paper that I could not part with and little bits of ephemera that I have gathered and not managed to use over the years.  To help work out what to do I decided on the main colours, focussing on blues and then pulled out ephemera and papers that worked with that, then sifted them into a beachy theme too.  I created my background, using colours in the ephemera - I started by using a brayer and adding a rectangle of white gesso and then went in with some turquoise and silver paint.  Once that had dried I added a stamped layer using blue ink on a chevron and bit of black on my grid stamp.  Once that was dry I looked in my box of scraps and pulled out blues that I liked and these are mostly from Vicki Boutin.  I also found a Heidi Swapp book which had some lovely punched cards that I could incorporate too.



From there I worked through my embellishments and most of these are from an older Kaisercraft range, the shells and beach hut was perfect.

I also added in a little remember tag and some stickers...everything from my stash box.


I quite liked working just focussing on colour as this was a really easy way to pull bits together, I think choosing one colour at first is probably the easiest so next time I might branch out to a few more and see what I can create.

I hope this inspires you to hunt through your ephemera and use it up on a page, I look forward to seeing what you create.

Katherine