Tuesday 18 February 2020

Dear Lizzy, Tando chipboard and mess with Katherine



Hi everyone!  I was trawling the internet for some inspiration and have sometimes watched a little Vicki Boutin over on her Facebook channel and found some of the videos from her Facebook live.  I love the mess that she creates and beautiful backgrounds....and it inspired me to get my gesso out, my mists and have a go at a technique that I haven't used in a long while...some of you my remember a class using this technique several years ago!

Essentially I gesso my cardstock so that the watery mist doesn't seep in...I use a credit card and just get a really thin layer of paint.  Now it does curl when it dries - I have known people to iron out the curls...but they do flatten in an album and a bit like the end result you have to just go with it!  I added some spritz of just water first and then had 3 mists - a pink tattered angel, blue and gold Bobunny mist - all colours taken from the Hear and Now papers .  I spritzed, added some water - the fold has something in it that seems to repel the other mists a little too which is lovely.  In some places I took off a bit of the pile of colour with a gauze which I then used behind my photo.  So lots of fun and then drying with my drying tool which creates all the little trails of colour around the page as you can push it around.  Next the chipboard - I did base coat it with some gesso, then for the Tando clouds I added clumps of texture paste and for the ship a couple of watercolours in broken china and abandoned coral.  The title is from a super Thicker holiday set...a little bit of distressed Hear and Now paper layers.



Here you can see the texture paste and white paint on the Tando clouds.


As you heat dry the mists you tend to get dots of white if you have used a metallic mist which I really love and went well with the watery background.