Monday 17 February 2020

Dear Lizzy with Mel

I had a lovely time at Ann's crop on Saturday playing with the new Dear Lizzy Here and Now collection, I was particularly in love with the gorgeous gold Thickers. (Find the collection including the Thickers Here)


I used them on two layouts, a title for one and a whole lot of them on the other page.



The first layout features a photo which I have wanted to scrap for ages but struggled to find the right colours for. The pinks, purples and blues in the papers worked just perfectly the photo. I opted for a clean and unfussy design to let the photo do the talking.

For the second layout I had a real "aha" moment as this paper could have been made for this photo, I needed the pop of green from the header strip and so cut the equivalent off the bottom edge which gave me the gorgeous strip with all the colours. I was playing about trying to decide which of the Thickers to use when Antonia came up with the idea to use "all of them" - well as many as would fit on the pink section!

I'm a bit disappointed that the gold on some of the thickers hasn't photographed so well but I can assure you that in real life they are lovely.

Do take a look at this months Design Team Inspiration Gallery as the ladies have all been playing wth this collection and the gallery is gaining new additions often!