Monday 10 February 2020

Mixing it up, using old and new stash!


Like many of you I like to collect beautiful bits of paper and ephemera, this month I've really enjoyed  digging through my embellishment box and using older items with some of the beautiful new lines that are in the shop.  For this first page I used Just a Little Lovely papers from Pink Fresh - they have all the watercolour done for you - I did add the gold mist flicks but no other paint on this page!  I used some of my older stash for layers - so a layer of patterned vellum and some hessian ribbon.


I used up some of my typewritten little word stickers - I wonder about using these up as a feature on a page - all the little phrase stickers that you end up collecting and I forget to look through and dig out!


For the title I used a Vicki Boutin collection of die cuts - I have loved this pack and am still working my way through it.  It has lots of embellishments with wonderful phrases on in all sorts of colours, so you can find something to match most collections!


Another really good use up of old with new is with colour - so this beautiful paper from the Simple Stories Hey Crafty Girl teamed up with buttons, washi and embellishments that haven't been dug into in a while!



I tore off little strips of washi - and added in a few more of the word stickers that I could find.  This paper collection is beautiful - do check it out in the shop!


Finally a really good chipboard use up!  Again this is a Pink Fresh, no mess watercolour base (not even flicks this time!), but it also goes really well with the Midnight collection from Cocoa Vanilla....I'd used a few frames from the back and challenged myself to use as much as I could - so lots of layering, few more words and here is what I came up with!




I hope you've enjoyed a little tour of my pages from January's papers - do keep sharing your beautiful pages over in our Facebook group - it has been lovely to see them all.