Sunday 1 March 2020

Weaving and verticle titles.


Good afternoon campers!!

This month I've been playing with Dear Lizzie's Here and Now collection.  Full of bright summery collection focuses on those days that memories are made of.  

I loved the colours of Fun and sun,  Free spirit, Hot hot hot and Heatwave as they reminded me of the colours of the peace doves and cranes I saw when visiting Hiroshima.  I like the idea of creating a woven look to give a construction paper look.  


I cut 8 slits into the paper 10" long and leaving an inch at the top and bottom of the page.  These were 1cm apart to leave room for weaving.  I then cut strips of paper 1cm wide and wove into an arrow shape by taking the paper under and over as below leaving the tails long but even at the end.  I trimmed off the excess.




I used the blue/green sections of Sun and Fun to create my Journalling spot as below.


I used the title strips to at the left hand end of the page and also to hide the last slit as the original image as below and then chose alternate colours of these Thickers to create the title.  I then used the remaining pink section of Sun and Fun to create pennant mats for my photos and applied.




I started my using the remaining section of Hot hot hot and cutting along the patter to create a section like below as the basis. 


 I used a section of the flowers and cactus from the remaining section of hot hot hot and Sunshine feeling to create a sweep across the page.  I used a complete strip using the title strip and two rows of Sunshine feeling cutting along the triangles on the outside edge and used these to accent the right hand side of the page.



 I used some silver thickers to create a flowing title adding adding brackets to give the feeling of the movement of the butterfly's wings.  To finish I added a mix of enamel dots and relief paints to create a falling motion down the page. The bottom left hand corner has been left free to add some journalling and dates.