Friday 19 April 2019

Virtual Crop Weekend Challenge - Album Covers Edition 4

Hello and welcome to the April edition of our Album Covers challenge.

As this is posted I am at the retreat so I am scheduling this post in advance.

For this month I chose the untitled album from Blink 182 released in late 2003. I loved the modern pop art style and zingy high contrast colour palette.





For the layout I wanted to stick pretty close to the origianl design substituting a photo in place of the smiley face and bringing the smaller circle (face outline) down a little to allow my title and embellishments to feel connected rather than floating apart. Initially I was going to replicate the black title on cream wonky cut card pieces but I found a title in a perfect colour to work with my photo and caved in and used that!




I used inks to create the blocks of colour and added drips of the pink and black.

I cut the circles and arrows on my silhouette but if you wanted to recreate this but didn't have an electronic die cutter you could replicate this with a manual circle cutter or even draw round something circular and use a thick tipped pen to create the circle.

I found the suitcase and globe in my Paige Evans Horizon stash and the title was from the Horizon puffy thickers sheet.

I hope you enjoyed this months album cover challenge, do head over to our Facebook Group ATDML # Create this weekend for the Virtual Crop on Sunday and if you have a go at the Album Challenge do upload your layout to the Album Challenge Gallery.