Wednesday 10 April 2019

Ready Made Backgrounds with Cocoa Vanilla


When I get a sheet of paper like the background above I am loathed to cut into it, and then spend time trying to find a photo (as I don't want to cover it up too much) and a little bit of paper so I can show as much as the paper as I can!  I know it should be about the story and the photo and not the background!  When I really love a background I tend to create lots of little layers of papers, so here you can see some strips and little stickers, and also use something that is transparent - so vellum or in this case a torn glassine envelope, so you get layers, but can see the paper behind.  

Sticking with the minimalist page I used a beautiful title from the Midnight chipboard, and also one of the hearts that co-ordinates - to add a little more bling, but again coverage you can see through I used a circle of silver thread and then also wrapped some around the heart.  The final step was a few drips of silver mist.


So you can still see plenty of that beautiful background paper but I've also managed to use it too!  The papers are Cocoa Vanilla's Midnight collection and you can find them in the shop.


This is one of those papers where I would have to buy 2 sheets!  I hope this has inspired you to choose and use one of your favourite papers, one that you've been saving!