Wednesday 13 February 2019

Wander...



Hello Campers 

I'm well and truly over the coldness and dreaming of spring already.  However, the weather has made for some lovely winter walks and photo opportunities it brings. I've been using Prima 'Spring Farmhouse' this month which are a gorgeous mix of rich shades and neutral tones with lots and lots of floral elements. These can take some time to cut out but the time and effort is often worth it to bring together these elements as one collection.


The midnight Garden paper has a gorgeous gradiated hue radiating from the centre which provides a good focal point for the pices.  I used floral elements from 'Rose reciepts', 'simple things', 'beautiful life' & 'Full heart' 



Using Kraft cardstock and 'More roses please I layered 2 sections to act as a staggered photo mount. I wanted to draw the eye through so i created a 3/4" thick frame 8" wide to sit around the  photomount.  
The title 'wander' was cut from the 'simple things' paper and tucked behind the photo.


Once these were in place I layered the flora and fauna around the base of the photo using a mixture of tape, foam pads and creating texture by shaping the leaves.



The neutral side of the collection works in a lovely colour pallet of washed out woods, gingham and patterns with a homespun feel.  For Simple Things I teamed these with some gold elements for a subtle effect.  


I handcut the wreaths staying as close to the shape as possible and alongside the long pennant shapes, I used a collection of wooden strips to create a photo mount.  All the paper's tile strips have a patterened back and I used these to bring colour to the layout.  



It's not long now to the retreat and I'm looking forward to seeing you all there - there are some cracking new ranges we can't wait to share with you.