Sunday 7 October 2018

October Journaling Prompts

October has come around pretty fast, it's always a busy month with several family and friends with birthdays and of course the Autumn Retreat at the end of the half term holidays!

But first things first, it's time for another  Journaling Prompt to hopefully give you an idea for your titles and journaling on your pages this month. Don't forget to come over to the ATDML # Create Facebook page and share your pages in the Journaling Prompt Gallery.

This month's prompt is:

Consider different ways to get your journaling on the page:
  1. Use printed journaling direct to the page
  2. Handwrite direct to the page
  3. Add printed or handwritten journaling on strips of cardstock
  4. Use stickers or die cuts
By varying the way you add your journaling you can create lots of different looks.

As always I have added examples below.

1.) To print direct to the page I had to be careful with my layout design, I don't own a 12x12 printer so by bisecting my layout with the large photo I could feed a piece of cardstock cut to the width of A4 through the printer and build it back to 12x12 hiding the seam with my photo.


 2.) I most often handwrite my journaling direct to the page because I feel so strongly that our handwriting is a special part of who we are. The advantage of this method is you can add as little or as much as you want and in any location. Sometimes I add lots of journaling, other times it may just be a line or so.



3.) Adding journaling on strips means that you can go handwritten or printed nice and easily, it looks good on the page and can make your journaling pop on a busy or dark background. These examples include strips cut into individual words as well as longer strips for a varied effect.




4.) Using stickers or die cuts for your journaling is something I sometimes do mixed up with handwriting or if I am using a long title that might double as title and journaling. This is a silhouette die cut which I just loved and it was all the journaling this page needed.






So I hope these different examples of journaling techniques have got you inspired to think about varying your journaling techniques.