Saturday 13 October 2018

October 2018 Sketch Challenge


Hi Everyone. Dolly here and this is my first blog post so treat me gently! 

I don’t know about you, but I love a sketch to get my mojo started. Sometimes my finished page looks a lot like the sketch, and at others, it is hard to see where the sketch has gone. But actually, that doesn’t matter. The sketch has done its job if it sparks that creative process, no matter how you use it.
I am thrilled to be back as a part of the team at ATDML and one of the things I would like to do is bring you a new sketch each month in the hope that it will spark your creative process. Sometimes it might be a very traditional sketch, as this one is. Other times, well I might just be a little more ‘off the wall’.

Anyway, here is a very simple sketch for my first month. I hope you enjoy creating something based on it, no matter how loosely.



I used it as the inspiration for this page using the gorgeous Come Away With Me papers by Graphic 45. It is also a sketch that is great for using up scraps of papers. For example, the strip down the left-hand side was a small strip I had but worked perfectly as a side border. The two strips of vertical map paper tucked under the right-hand side and the strip under the dotted paper at the bottom are really little strips (no I don’t throw anything away) just inked and tucked under.
Finally, the journaling block I had, from the same set of papers, was too big for the page so I cut the middle section out, stuck it back together to make a smaller journaling block and covered the join with a word strip. Yes, I cheat – all of the time!

This is my page 


Have fun with the sketch and I look forward to seeing what you create. Do come over to the ATDML # Create Facebook page and share your pages!