Wednesday 20 June 2018

Guest DT Spot & Blog Post from Antonia Sturt Hammond


When Jill asked me to do a DT guest spot at the retreat and told me I could choose my own kit, I headed straight for the Simple Stories papers – no great surprise there! Since I was about to go to FYR Macedonia for a week, I chose papers from the new Travel Notes collection.

Scrapping holiday photos can be quite time-consuming, so I challenged myself to scrap multiple photos on each page. I also decided to scrap without using plain cardstock. I did slightly come to regret that choice; it turned out to be quite hard to make six layouts in a row without plain cardstock.



Notebook-style paper worked well for a background, and I was thrilled when I noticed how well the blue geometric paper matched the exterior of the National Library of Kosovo.
 



Simple Stories seem to have stopped including alphabets on their sticker sheets, which is a shame, so I had to look to my stash for titles. October Afternoon Daily Flash letter stickers came in colours that co-ordinated with the Travel Notes papers, so I used quite a few of those.


The Travel Notes collection did include some words and phrases that I cut out for titles to add variety.
 




When I saw these defaced sculpture panels, I knew I would want to spatter paint on the background. The colourful revolution theme gave me the idea of colouring some Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers. I think most of us have a few sheets of these hanging around! The font is a great shape and I like the effect of giving them colour.




Thanks, ATDML, for asking me to do these layouts; I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and it was great to get so many holiday photos scrapped.