Saturday 24 March 2018

Clean & Simple

I have always admired those who can scrap a beautiful clean, simple page (I bought Cathy Zielske's Clean & Simple Book and loved it) but I always struggle with needing to add a bit more here and there so I rarely manage to make a clean and simple page even if that is my purpose when I set out.

I cut this title on my silhouette probably about 2 years ago and I knew I wanted to use it with this photo - (I just love those eye lashes in the photo!!) However I have spent a long time faffing about not knowing what to do with it all.

In the end I had a firm word with myself, stuck down the title, added a strip of camera washi tape and added the photo. It felt like it needed more (of course it did I told you I can't keep it too clean and simple) so I added the heart to pick out the pink on Izzys top in the photo.

And then I made myself photograph it and file it away! I kind of love it but I am am afraid that if it is out on a desk I might add more and more.



In the interests of full disclosure I should confess that after I took the photo I did handwrite Isabelle - August 2014 above the photo on the right because I don't like to leave my layouts dateless!

It would be great to see your take on the Clean & Simple look, or perhaps try a style you love and admire but find hard to do. Don't forget to share what you are creating over on the ATDML # Create Facebook Page.