Wednesday 31 August 2016

Using Memorabilia On Your Pages

Hello, Karen here with a quick post about how I have used memorabilia on some of my pages.  I hope I can inspire you to use some of those brochures and tickets, you have kept from your summer hols, on your pages instead of leaving them to gather dust in a pile somewhere.

The first page is one I made last year and features a ticket from the production I went to see, an information pamphlet about the globe and also some badges I purchased, whilst there, with quotes from A Midsummer Night's Dream - not the production I saw but they had quotes that were appropriate and worked beautifully with the teal on the Simple Stories papers.


The next one features memorabilia from an Alexander Calder exhibition I went to at Tate Modern.  I always said I wouldn't waste my time going to Tate Modern but gave it a go - this was not for me as I like more traditional works of art - but I did like the Alexander Calder mobiles. 

This one has my exhibition entry ticket, a postcard with one of his mobiles on, the exhibition guide and again a couple of badges bought from the gallery. 


My final page was made this month using Graphic 45's Safari Adventure. I had taken my Rainbow Pack to Colchester Zoo and took a few, not very good, photos on the day.  I knew that these had to be printed out quite small to hide their quality so printed them in strips, added the zoo guide to the left of them and my ticket (the cute red panda) to the right.  


I do like incorporating memorabilia onto my pages as I often think, what else would I do with that ticket or program other than keep it for a while and then throw it away.