Wednesday 31 August 2016

It's August Tag Time

I'm finally here with the August tag - it nearly didn't happen since my computer has been in intensive care being fixed - but all is well now and I can share the photos of the August Tag in Progress.
The theme here is very definitely 'sunflowers'! I loved the sunflowers on the August Children's Hour papers the minute I saw them and knew that I would have to do some fussy cutting!!
To make this tag you'll need the two Children's Hour papers for August, some thick string or rolled up paper, dark brown card, light brown or terracotta card, green ink and co-ordinating ribbon.

As usual I started with a 4"x8" tag - but this time I used dark brown card,
To make flower stalks I  coloured some paper strings with green distress stain and left them to dry...
Next I cut the girl with cat card from the August Collective paper and centred it on the card towards the top. I glued the stalks on and surrounded with foam pads.
Then I cut the terracotta coloured card to make pots and pot rims - starting with rectangles then cutting them down by eye into flowerpot shapes and inked the edges...


I stuck these to the bottom of my tag on the foam pads and covering the ends of the stalks...
Time to sit down with some good scissors, a film you enjoy and the August Montage paper and cut a load of sunflowers out...
I also cut out lots of the little blue flowers and leaves.
I added the sunflowers to the top of the stalks...

and glued the blue flowers and leaves to the top of the middle flowerpot...


Finally some co-ordinating ribbon through a punched hole in the top and the tag is done!