Monday 8 February 2016

Pumpkin Spice - Stitched Together With Love


Mel and Jill sent me some lovely gingham papers, from the Simple Stories, Pumpkin Spice range,  in my February DT kit.


Apple Cider Gingham


Pumpkin Spice Gingham


As soon as I saw them I thought of patchwork quilts (something I intend to try this year).  I cut 8 brown and 8 yellow squares measuring 2 3/4 in.  I then drew a pencil square on my white card 1/2 in in from each edge, alternated my gingham patches inside the drawn square and outlined each one with faux stitching.

Next I used this paper to cut out 12 pumpkins and used pop dots to attach these to the gingham patches - leaving the four in the centre blank.


Pumpkin Everything.


I used my Silhouette to design and cut a photo mat, using the sketch pen option for the writing and hearts and finally added my photo.