Sunday 19 May 2013

Cards on Sunday - A Pretty Card From A Single Sheet Of Patterned Paper

I made these two cards as a make & take for the retreat and they were really popular. Each card uses a single sheet of patterned paper and a card blank. Beyond that all I added was some stamping and inked edges.

There were lots of leftovers from these cards so I suspect you could easily get another card from each.

Both papers are the Tags/Borders/Accents from Crate paper - from the Maggie Holmes collection and the DIY Shop collection.


I love these sorts of papers for making cards and there are lots of little bits and bobs to cut out for accents and lots of smaller pieces in various patterns so with a single sheet of paper you can get something with a lot of variation and interest.

The card I made with the Maggie Holmes collection was this one:


and the DIY Shop collection card was this one:


The butterfly was stamped onto a piece of a neutral pattern on the reverse of paper and cut out.

If I can locate the scraps from these two pieces of paper I may see if I can get another couple of cards from them!