Sunday, 19 August 2012

From Pixels to Paper


Hi, Karen M here.  I have a confession - sometimes I go over the the dark side and scrap digitally.  Not so much now but there was a time, when I was on a digital design team, I scrapped extensively in pixels.   I still retained my love of paper scrapping and as I only ever stored my digital layouts on my laptop and never printed them out, would sometimes, if I particularly liked a page, convert it into a paper page for my album.

Last week, I was having a clear out on my laptop and came across this digital page I had made a couple of years ago and thought it would translate perfectly into a paper one.


I cut the frame on my Craft Robo (a very ancient silhouette) and that was my starting point.  I then sorted through my photos to find one that would suit the frame and off I went.    Once I had cut and punched out the remaining elements for the page from the new 7 Gypsies Trousseau range, I inked all the pieces with Pumice Stone ink.

Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Pumice Stone 

I thought the background Kraft was too plain and so a few spritzes of watered down white paint and Cosmic Shimmer later

Mister - Silver


I was happy with the result.

Added a few buttons

Mini Button Bag - Bittersweet
 
and some Prima  flowers and I had a page that was made in an instant as I already had the digital version to copy.


and how fortunate that one of the papers had a shortened version of my daughter's name printed on it!


Do you ever go over the DARK SIDE?

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts.... both digital and paper. I've got the Serif Craft artist programme but tend to print things out to craft with.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Key Design Web Sites.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really interesting, You are an excessively professional blogger.

    I've joined your rss feed and sit up for in the hunt for extra of your wonderful post.
    Also, I've shared your website in my social networks

    my weblog :: costa rica sport fishing report

    ReplyDelete
  4. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something
    which helped me. Thanks!

    my web site - law firms ,,in phoenix

    ReplyDelete