Thursday 18 August 2011

Retro Challenge

I recently took part in an online crop which set several challenges, one of which was to scrapbook vintage photos. The use of any photo before 2011 whilst not vintage was deemed acceptable and I think my Christening photos from 1972 qualified! I used the original photos after I had scanned them into my computer. I did think about reproducing them, but then I would still have faced the dilemma of what to do with the originals so I decided they should be used and preserved indeed in my album, with their original pin holes from where they were once hung.


I used kraft cardstock as my background as this reminds me of old brown envelopes and went with the brown colour prominent in my photos without making it too dark and dreary. The blue paper was from Echo Park's "For the Record" collection as was the gramophone sticker. Other stickers came from Bo Bunny's "Timepiece" sticker sheet. I added a MME journalling card, again in a lighter kraft colour and Chatterbox Lush velvet stickers in red for a pop of colour on my page and to bring out the muted red in the Bo Bunny stickers. For someone who rarely scraps older photos I am quite pleased with the finished page.

So how about extending this challenge to our blog readers? Share with us your retro layout using retro products or scrapping an older photo and who knows, there may be a small prize in store.