Monday 27 September 2010

Gadgets & Gizmos

I was sorting through some old boxes and it struck me how many gadgets there have been crazes for in scrabooking over the last few years and also how few of them have stuck around as long term features of our craft rooms.

In no particular order...

Sizzix, Quickcutz, Cuttlebug, Big Shot, Wizard etc...
Cricut \ Cricut Expression, Craft Robo, Slice...
Dymo, Provocraft roller stamp...
Cropodile, Big Bite, Fastenator...
Bind it all, dreamkutz...

I have owned \ do own several of those from the list, some are used often, some rarely and some not at all. Some are about to get dusted off and re-introduced to my crafting area.

But for all the gizmos and gadgets available are there any that you can say truly change the way you work and the items you produce?

For me, though I rarely make them, the Bind It All made mini books much more appealing to me. My cricut stood unused for along time until i took the time to play with it and realised I actually quite liked it. My Big Shot gets used, but not as often as it should and I just bought a new dymo machine because i actually missed the old one I got rid of because it was so dated!!

What gadgets do you use and which do you regret buying \ are glad you didn't buy?