Friday 12 February 2010

Ingredients Challenge Number 1 - February

Remember the ingredients challenge I posted about last month? Well here is the first instalment of this challenge. We are going to run a poll for the next week to see which layout you like the best and the person with the most votes on February 20th at 8pm will be receiving the a shopping voucher for ATDML.

These three ladies received an identical kit and produced very different layouts - just like my Pancakes & yorkshire Puddings analogy HERE!


Ally Bright: I am a 36yrs old full time civil servant along with being divorced mum to 3 aged 9 and 6 (twins). In my spare time i love Photography, scrapping, altered art and art journalling, travelling and geocaching. I have been scrapping almost 6yrs now and recently fallen in love with art journalling. Thanks for letting me play with the ingredients xxx


Julie Kirk: "I've been making 'scrapbooks' ever since I could cut out wonkily with scissors and throw glue around ... both which I still do today! But as far as scrapping as we know it goes, that's only really been for the last 4 years. Now I spend most [if not all] of my spare time creating and blogging design team work and projects for my own blogs. I can't really remember what I used to do with my free time before I discovered the joy of collecting paper and recording my story".


Kirsty Riach: When I am not scrapping, I am a 24 year old Primary Teacher at a large school in the north of Scotland. I started scrapping in 2009 to capture all the moments during my first year of teaching and in the end the scrapbook I created helped me land a permanent job! Naturally from then on in I was hooked and my bank balance has taken a blow from my love of scrapping (good thing I got that permanent job!). As scrapbooking is still fairly new to me, I feel that my own style is just starting to take off and no doubt the new CHA releases will also help!

The ingredients were:
1 sheet of Bella Blvd Flirty: Bits A Bella
1 sheet of Bella Blvd Flirty: He Loves Me
1 sheet of Bella Blvd Flirty: Omigosh
1 sheet of Bazzil Cardstock: Skylar
Selection of Buttons
Selection of Ribbons

In addition the participants were allowed to add \use certain items from a specified list:

1 sheet of either black or white cardstock
Photos (obviously)
Pens, ink, paint
Needle & thread \ sewing machine
Punches and die cutting machines

Here are the layouts they produced.

Ally:


We loved: the angle Ally placed her photo and the cluster of embellishments in the lower right hand corner of the photo which are very eye catching.


Julie:


We loved: Julie's use of negative (empty) space at the top of the layout to draw your eyes down and focus on the photos and journaling.


Kirsty:

We loved: Kirsty's use of repetition with the punched shapes, the butterflies overlapping the scalloped circles to add variety and the bracket highlighting the photo.