Sunday 18 April 2021

AROUND THE WORLD CYBERCROP CLASS 11 - NEW YORK WITH TRICIA

 

Good afternoon Campers

New York is one of my favourite cities in the world, it's the place I keep returning to time and time again.  
More than anything, I love being out on the streets and could walk all day round the city just people watching.  The added bonus to this is the street art which is everywhere, large building sized pieces to the tiny pasteups typical of the city.  


In this class I'll be using Simple stories 'Reset girl' to replicate the elements of New York that I love - the gritty street art, the urban colours, the skyline and the city studded with little urban parks to chill out (a bit like Edinburgh) 


In the second layout I wanted to replicated the reflectiveness of the skyscrapers that bounce the light and reflections back and forward against each other like mirrors.


In the third layout I was inspired by the Highline, a long rail track space saved by the people of New York to create a park.  All along the space is ever changing art work, hidden spaces to hang out and some beautiful gardens.  It's one of my favourite places in the city and I have lost a day just hanging out there before.  

So grab your kit and click here to join me for a wander through the city, don't forget that you can add all your layouts from this class to our facebook album so we can see what you have been up to.

Stick around for the next class with Debs where she'll be taking us to Canada with Vicki Boutin.
enjoy your flight!!