Saturday 15 June 2019

VC Weekend Album Covers Challenge Edition 6

Welcome to June's Album covers challenge, I can't believe this puts us at the half way point of our album covers challenge.

This month I was inspired by an album that reminded me of my teenage years. Much the same as the No Doubt album from February anything by Blur, regardless of the release date reminds me of my late teen and the Brit Pop years!


This album was released in 2000 and is a "Best of" compilation, it's album cover is clean and simple but also pays homage to the 1982 Queen album Hot Space


From both of these albums I took the grid of four design. The rounded font on the blur album reminded me of some silver thickers I had so I went ahead and used those over the grid of four photos on my layout. They are however a total pain to photograph so for clarity, all the lettering is the same silver font.


This will probably be the simplest layout I put together all year - four 5" photos with the edges inked, white cardstock and on top of that the acetate cover from a pack of Vicki Boutin Mixed Media paper and some thickers!

I loved the colourfulness of both the album covers and so I mirrored that by choosing these photos of graffiti at the East Side Gallery that Isabelle took on her trip to Berlin this year.

I do love a grid although I more frequently use a grid of 9, 16 or even 25 but I was reminded of a layout I did a while ago with a grid of 4 which I am adding below for a more visually calm example if the graffiti and the colourful acetate background is not your thing!