Sunday 30 June 2019

Kaleidscope colour....


Good morning everyone I wanted to share a couple of pages that I made for the Gallery using Vikki Boutin's Kaleidoscope collection - I love all the colour in these papers and they were really fun to use. I started with her Starburst paper and then cut some hearts from the Heart Paper - adding a little bit of stamping to them.  I also had a play with her watercolour stickers - they were great for adding little bits of paint to - so I could customise the words to particular colours.  A little bit of stencilling using the Tando mini distressed sequins stencil and some cracked pistachio distress oxide - I inked and then spritzed with water whilst the stencil was still on so the colour went  little more opaque.


I hand cut the little bird from one of the journal tags and added it on a few of the water colour stickers.



Here you can see the layers of stamping and the watercolour stickers in action.



The 2nd page I made with this collection started with some stencilling across the centre - I just used thick gesso for this, then I added some yellow, oranges and pinks - pulling out the colours from the Hearts paper and tilted my page to get drips of water colour paints.  I layered up lots of the journal tags behind my photo, adding in some more watercolour stickers.


For the title I had a play with this beautiful acrylic from Bramble Fox that you can get from ATDML - I backed it with some paper and just added it at the corner of the photo.

I hope these have coloured your morning!