Saturday 22 December 2018

Scraplift Santa - Christmas Lights


Dolly here with another scraplift santa that I hope might get you scrapping over the festive period.

I used to find it hard to get good night shots of lights - crucial when it is Christmas - but with the phones these days they do take beautiful night pictures with little fuss. Hopefully over the festive season you will get some great pictures of the wonderful Christmas lights in your home and your area.

I love pages which use two 4" x 6"  photos that compliment each other because, whether they are portrait of landscape, they are so easy to scrap when they are a pair.

This page uses up some scraps. When you are putting papers behind photos and they are not seen you can often cheat and use up bits which, when put together, look like a much bigger piece of pretty paper, and I do so like to use up my scraps.




I used two different patterned papers from the Simple Stories Merry and Bright collection - the Christmas trees an the lovely floral paper.

The green dotted papers used for accents across the page is the reverse of the Christmas Tree paper (don't you love double sided papers)



I added some strips from the Graphic 45 Christmas Magic collection, and that is where the stamp came from too..

I kept the page simple - my pages always are I'm afraid - and just added punched circles with trees cut from the paper and decorated with tiny red enamel dots.




The title was stamped using two different sets of stamps.

Have fun with taking pictures of Christmas lights this year and I can't wait to see what you scrap.