Tuesday 20 November 2018

Georgia Blues, part 1


It is always so hard to choose from all the beautiful papers when I go on retreat...I can spend ages shopping!  However, this set jumped straight out at me (with a bit of a hand from Ann!) the lovely Georgia Blues collection - packed with florals and vintage greys and just beautiful deep blues.  I've made 6 pages with the selection of papers that I picked up, so here are 3 of them and I will be back with a couple more.

The first was quite straight forward - I had to show off the gold foiled Midnight paper at the top of the page, and I added a thin layer of gesso around where my photo was, then stacked up my elements around it.  I picked up an ephemera pack too which has acetates (Love) and then die cut elements too - so the flowers at the top of the photo...though I did cut a little more closely to the edge with these.


Although there is no wood grain paper in this collection - this one from Simple Stories goes beautifully - I tore up a few layers of the papers, then added a cluster of co-ordinating flowers along with some Tim Holtz die cut leaves, again you can see the acetates from the ephemera pack as a  layer underneath.  Jill also has some beautiful deep navy sparkly thickers that go beautifully with the papers.


Another piece of paper - Written - which has strips of words, woodgrains and florals.  I decided to make a feature of it and then punched stars in different sizes so they would fall down the page.  I also added in a layer of gauze and some confetti glitter paste in gold -  it is a large hexagon style paste and adds a lovely sparkle.

I hope you've enjoyed a quick look at this collection, there will be more pages to come!