Wednesday 28 November 2018

Feeling Nostalgic for Summer

Hi All,

Just a quick post to share what I have been making. With the dark evenings drawing in and the temperatures falling I am nostalgic for summer so I decided to scrap a photo of my girls relaxing in a hammock on Castaway Cay Disneys private island in the Bahamas.


I used the You Are Here collection from Simple Stories and a silhouette cut file from Paige Evans.

First I backed my cut file. As I very rarely scrap in the week I managed to use this as something I could sit down and spend a few minutes on here and there so over the course of a week I had finally backed all the separate sections. (patience isn't my strong suit - or more accurately I tend to need to use most of my patience quota up during a day working with some very characterful little 3 and 4 year olds)  so doing this bit by bit made it easier for me.

Then I pulled out a nice background from the collection with enough interesting bits already included that I only needed to add a few bits of stickers and ephemera to make it work.

To finish I added some enamel dots to the flower centres but it didn't look quite right so I added a little circle of tiny crystals around the flower centres.

I hope you enjoyed my little bit of summer to brighten the end of November!

Don't forget to pop over to the ATDML # Create Facebook page to say hello and share your creations.